Ready to dump the debt and build wealth together? Here are three crucial questions to discuss to achieve financial security together!
Finding Financial Security
In this episode we discuss:
- how you two can approach talking about money
- how Ryan helps his clients hone in on their priorities
- conversation starters you can use on your next money date
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Define Your Priorities and Big Goals
Whether it’s a joint or personal goal, there are handy resources available to help you two achieve your dreams.
- What is It Like to Be Married to a Financial Planner?
- How Our Financial Goals Followed Our Family
- What’s Your One Page Financial Plan?
Ryan asked three crucial questions on the podcast.
- I want you to imagine that you are financially secure, that you have enough money to take care of your needs, now and in the future. The question is, how would you live your life? What would you do with the money? Would you change anything? Let yourself go. Don’t hold back your dreams. Describe a life that is complete, that is richly yours.
- This time, you visit your doctor who tells you that you have five to ten years left to live. The good part is that you won’t ever feel sick. The bad news is that you will have no notice of the moment of your death. What will you do in the time you have remaining to live? Will you change your life, and how will you do it?
- This time, your doctor shocks you with the news that you have only one day left to live. Notice what feelings arise as you confront your very real mortality. Ask yourself: What dreams will be left unfulfilled? What do I wish I had finished or had been? What do I wish I had done? What did I miss?
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here.