Today we’re going over home buying tips so you can snag a great deal on your dream house! What You Need to Know About Buying a House This summer is wrapping up, but things are about to get busier for us. My mom was recently offered a job in the area and so she’s asked […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Even though it’s about 13 years ago, I remember being stressed at times when planning our wedding.
Just like we heard at the top of the show, as soon as you announce your engagement it can feel like you’re being swarmed with questions about the big day.
But as much as your loved ones mean well, it can be easy to forget how personal this is.
For some, it’s something they planned and dreamed for years while others are looking for a very laid back and casual affair.
It’s a celebration and a promise that you to make to each other in front of your loved ones depending on the wedding you have.
There can be plenty of moving parts which can be overwhelming and stressful.
The two of you need to sit down and start talking about which things you’d like to have and which things are must-haves
You also may have family members who want to help out.
You have venues, vendors, and maybe some out of town guests to make arrnagements for.
Oh and of course paying for it.
Which is why I’m happy Megan Gillikin is on the podcast today.
She’s the owner and lead consultant for A Southern Soiree Wedding and Event Planning so she has plenty of insider tips to help you have a fantastic wedding!
In this episode we get into:
- Establishing your must-haves and wedding budget
- What to do when the family wants to help pay for your wedding
- Ice breakers to get the ball rolling
Hope you enjoy!
If you want to hear from another bride who had a beautiful wedding on a small budget, listen to my interview with Jessi Fearon.
She and her husband Pat managed a sweet and special wedding for $500!
Resources to Plan Your Wedding
If you’re getting married, please check out these resources so you can plan out your special day without going into debt.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Pulling Off A $5,000 Wedding in NYC
- The Budget-Savvy Wedding Planner & Organizer: Checklists, Worksheets, and Essential Tools to Plan the Perfect Wedding on a Small Budget
- Planning Your Dream Wedding on a Budget
- Wedding Planning: My Ultimate Lesson in Budgeting
- The Best Kept Secrets to Planning a Wedding on a Budget
- Have a $50,000 Wedding on a $3,000 Budget
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
Meet Megan Gillikin
Megan is the owner and lead consultant for A Southern Soiree Wedding and Event Planning. I also do wedding and hospitality business consulting.
She’s also the host of the fantastic and informative podcast Weddings for Real.
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!