Do you feel like you’ve hit a wall with your money? Learn how to find your financial blindspots and break the mindless spending twitch!
How to Break the Mindless Spending Cycle
We all do it.
It might be small amounts every day perhaps driving by to grab coffee and breakfast on the way to work or going out for lunch with colleagues. It could be those Amazon deliveries that show up at our doors, tucked away from necessities that we ordered.
Some people call it the spending leaking, impulse buying, mindless spending. The label doesn’t really matter – what does is understanding that we all have blind-spots. Little places in our finances where we know we’re spending something, but we’re not aware of just how much it is.
Inspired by the incredible site and story of Break the Twitch, I want to share some personal about how easy it was for us to slip into mindless spending and how we found a way to make sure they don’t sabotage our finances.
In this episode we get into:
- finding your financial blind spots
- breaking the mindless spending twitch
- developing habits that can enrich us and allow us to spend better
Hope you enjoy!
Resources for More Intentional Living
Are you ready to have your spending more aligned with what really matters to you? Here are some great resources to shift your mindset and create better habits!
- Break the Twitch: An Intentional Living Philosophy
- Is Impulse Spending Ruining Your Financial Goals?
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- The Ground Up Show by Matt D’Avella
- The More of Less
- 10 Simple Ways to Beat Impulse Buying
- The Year of Less
- No couch, one car: How these Minnesotans are living with less
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?