Do you want to go on a fabulous family vacation, but you’re still paying down debt? Learn how you can save big on your next getaway while still knocking out your debt! Saving Up for a Fun and Frugal Family Vacation When’s your spring break? Our oldest has hers next month, but she’s already counting […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
School’s out – what are you up to? Today we’re talking about frugal and fun summer activities for your kids and for you!
Fun and Frugal Summer Activities for Kids
Summer break is here and so far, it’s been a blast.
As school was finishing up with my little one we headed over to Denver.
My cousin’s wedding was beautiful. We took the girls to the park to play and relax.
Got to go downtown, explore.
We tried some local brews.
Thanks to my mom, we had some extra date nights.
the next week was a bit more low key at home, but still fun.
with a couple of weeks left before our oldest goes back to school, we’re mixing things up so it’ll be a memorable summer and won’t break our budget.
If you’re in the same boat, I have some good news.
In this episode, we get into:
- how to find enriching and frugal activities around town
- giving your kids skills and knowledge to handle money like a pro
- getting out for date night for just the two of you
Hope you enjoy!
Helpful Resources on Kids and Money
If you’re trying to figure out a system that can work for your family, here are a few resources to check out:
- Cash Crunch Games Jr: Our girls love it!
- FamZoo: Fantastic solution for families. We not only use it to handle allowances but track our oldest’s progress for her big savings goals. You can customize it to your family’s situation.
- Chicago EcoHouse
- The Opposite of Spoiled
- 6 Tips for Building the Charitable Giving Muscle with Your Kids
- 5 Reasons I Don’t Buy Toys for My Kids
- Tips For Giving Kids an Allowance
- Boost Your Kid’s Money IQ with a Simple Spreadsheet
- 29 Tips for Teaching Your Kids to Stack Benjamins
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here!
Like the music in this episode? Our theme song is by Gentle Regime. Additional music by Lee Rosevere and Logan from Music for Makers in this episode.