Are you a foodie? Is eating out killing your budget? Learn insanely smart ways you two can eat well while slashing your food bills!
Slashing Your Food Bills
Since this America Saves Week, I thought that this would be a perfect time to tackle a typically huge expense – food. Whether it’s groceries, lunch out at work, or going out as a family, this is something that can snowball quickly.
It’s tricky because food at the essential level is a true need. Many of us go, though, beyond the essentials and if we truly evaluate how we’re eating and spending, there’s much room for improvement.
However, this is not an episode of roughing it or deprivation. I personally find food to be an awesome part of my social life and we enjoy eating.
Just like fad diets rarely lead to anything meaningful, seriously slashing and burning your groceries to their bare minimum can backfire.
I’d like to share a way to be balanced and to disprove this myth that clean eating and delicious meals are expensive.
Amy and Tim Rutherford, the couple behind Go with Less, are here to help out. They were big spenders and that included a lot of eating out and living it up.
Today we’ll discuss:
- what triggered them to change how they were spending
- ways they’re able to enjoy eating out and eating well without killing their budget
- coming up with go-to meals that rock and don’t require you to become a chef
these changes helped them to retire early so take what you can and try them out.
You could very well find yourselves having a good time and growing your bank accounts.
Hope you enjoy!
Boost Your Bank Account with America Saves Week
America Saves Week is a national effort to set a savings goal, make a savings plan, and save automatically. Join millions of others who are taking time this week to start or grow their savings.
America Saves is launching the #ImSavingForSweepstakes. It’s easy to enter.
- Just take a pic or record a quick video telling America Saves your savings goal and make a plan to reach it for your chance to win $500 toward your goal!
- Boost your potential prize by an additional $250 by sharing your savings goal, story, or tip on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
I’d love for you to save and earn some money this week. As a bonus for partnering up with America Saves, they are offering $100 for a Couple Money community member!
Just use this link and take the pledge!
Resources to Save Money While Eating Well
Want to cut your spending on food without sacrificing quality? Here are some resources to check out.
- Free Frugal Foodie Challenge
- Grocery Price Books: Slash Your Food Bill and Save Time!
- Kill your $1,000 Grocery Bill
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here.