Today we’re going over home buying tips so you can snag a great deal on your dream house! What You Need to Know About Buying a House This summer is wrapping up, but things are about to get busier for us. My mom was recently offered a job in the area and so she’s asked […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
While it may seem doctors have it easy with their healthy incomes, the reality is much more down to earth as many are also dealing with massive amounts of debt. Learn how to balance dumping debt, saving, and having some fun now!
Financial Residency with Allison and Curtis
A few years ago when we were like trying to dig out of debt I thought they would be so much easier if we had a healthy income. And yes having a certain amount does make a big difference but that’s only part of the equation.
That’s why I bought Ryan here to co-host. He’s not only familiar with the technical stuff as a financial planner over at Physician Wealth Services, he has practical knowledge and real-life experience as a husband to a physician.
Today he’s talking to Dr. Allison Webster, an ER physician, and her husband Curtis, creator of Dads Married to Doctors. They’re going to discuss:
- the financial challenges (and massive amounts of debt) that come with becoming a physician
- working through their difference when it comes to handling money
- whether or not you can retire when you’re dealing with a massive amount of debt
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Dump Debt and Save Together
Want to make talking about money less stressful? Are you ready to tackle that massive amount of debt? Here are some resources to make it easier to stay on top of your money!
- How to Define Your Financial Priorities Together: Ryan shares how he helps his clients get onthe same page with their finances
- Financial Residency: Ryan’s excellent podcast
- Money Tracking and Budgets: Personal Capital, Mint, and Tiller are fantastic options
- Qapital: Free tool that makes saving automatic and fun
- How to Pay Off Your Student Loans Faster: Kevin shares how he paid Off $87,000 in 2 1/2 years
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here.