Learn how you can become financially independent even as a busy parent. Matt Becker from Mom and Dad Money explains how to avoid the major investing and saving mistakes that hold most people back.
[smart_track_player url=”http://media.blubrry.com/couplemoney/traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/CM_036_Financial_Independence_and_Parenthood.mp3″ ]
Becoming financially free – It sounds good and flows very nicely for a podcast intro, but What does that mean?
Usually couples who are working on their finances have some end goal in mind. If they’re in debt their first step is to get out of it.
That’s something we talk about on the often since it is such a huge burden on family finances and the marriage.
Reaching Financial Independence as Parents
For my husband and I it’s about having more freedom with our work schedule and money so we can spend more time with our kids and projects that matter most to us. You may have a different goal.
My hope with the podcast is to give you tools, ideas, and resource to help you find and work towards your goals through finances while building up your marriage.
Matt Becker, a financial planner, has recently released a book entitled, The New Parents’ Guide to Financial Independence and is here sharing how parents can take the steps to move closer to their goals.
Today he discusses:
- why working towards financial independence can be a more fulfilling goal than simply saving for retirement
- how financial independence can be done in intervals so you can explore your professional and personal options in life
- and why your savings rate is more far important than your actual investments
Even though this episode is coming from a parent’s perspective, it really applies to anyone looking to use their finances to live a more meaningful life.
If you want to learn more about Matt and his book or you just want to find out more about investing, here are some links to check out.
- 2 Good Reasons to Start Investing Now, No Matter How Much Money You Have
- How to Set Up Your Retirement Accounts in 20 Minutes
- The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement
- Reach Financial Independence on Your Terms
- Finding the Best Banking and Investing Accounts
Have a great week!