Today we’re talking about how you two can really review the big picture and make sure you hit YOUR big money goals! Financial Check-ups The first half of this year is about over, so how are you guys doing right now? It’s funny how time seems to speed up and slow down. Looking back […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Today we’re talking about how you two can really review the big picture and make sure you hit YOUR big money goals!
The first half of this year is about over, so how are you guys doing right now?
It’s funny how time seems to speed up and slow down.
Looking back we have had some big ups and downs in the past four or so weeks, both financially and in our lives.
Last month our adorable cat had some seisures and other issues and in a span of week – if that – he went from sick to passing away.
It was so fast, the vets were trying to figure out what happened.
And because a few issues, we just got his remains last week and paid his final expenses.
Thankfully we have savings, but between emergency hospital exam, tests, and his vet visits, it definitely was pricey.
Besides that weight, we had good things to celebrate.
We were invited to two baby showers and then last weekend we went to two graduation parties. And of course, they are bunched together.
But that’s life, right?
At least for us.
And I find it so easy to let certain things slip by because there are more pressing or immediate things happening.
The danger is by focusing only on the thing right in front of you, that you miss important stuff.
I don’t think money is the most important thing. I do however realize that much of our day to day and long term goals need us to be on top on our finances.
We should have a game plan for our money and a system that allows us to put in place so when things come up – and they will- our finances keep chugging along.
Which is why I’m so glad Cathrine Bryant is joining in today’s episode.
She’s a financial advisor at Coastal Wealth Management.
In this episode we’ll discuss:
- Getting a financial snapshot and prioritizing which goal or two is your focus
- Setting up a system to both track your money and getting into a habit of money dates
- Finding a financial planner when you need a check-up with a professional
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Stay on Top of Your Money
Want some help staying on top of your money? Here are some resources to make managing your money much easier!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- How to Find the Right Financial Advisor for You
- 5 Powerful Financial Goals for Couples to Build Their Marriage and Wealth
- How to Find a Financial Planner You Can Trust
- Making Sure Your Family Financial Goals Fit You
- Build Your Marriage & Wealth with Money Dates
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
If you want to be better prepared financially, please consider Coastal’s Retirement Planning Program!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!