Want to get the most out of your 401(k)? Learn the key guidelines on how you can choose the best investment options for you! Making the Most of Your 401(k) Chances are if you’re investing for your retirement, the bulk of that money is stashed away in your 401(k). For those whose employers offer them, […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Today we’re going over home buying tips so you can snag a great deal on your dream house!
What You Need to Know About Buying a House
This summer is wrapping up, but things are about to get busier for us.
My mom was recently offered a job in the area and so she’s asked me to help her with buying a house.
The problem is that here in the Raleigh/Triangle area, it’s very much a seller’s market.
Since we bought our house three years ago, prices have gone up on homes. The median price of homes currently listed in Raleigh is $330,000.
Which means we need to be savvy house hunters.
I’m excited about this, but it’s going to be a challenge for sure.
And if you’re looking to buy a house, you might be facing the same challenges.
He has decades of experience with the real estate agent side as well as home renovations.
In this episode we’ll discuss:
- differences between buying new construction vs resale
- spotting great and still affordable neighborhoods
- finding a fixer-upper (instead of being stuck with a money pit)
Hope you enjoy!
Resources on Buying a House
If you’re looking to buy, here are some resources to help you find an affordable place you love!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- My friend was about to buy a million-dollar house with no research
- What You Need to Know About Mortgages
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
If you need an agent, Daymark Realty has a fantastic team ready to help find the perfect house for you in the Triangle area!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!