Even though it’s about 13 years ago, I remember being stressed at times when planning our wedding. Just like we heard at the top of the show, as soon as you announce your engagement it can feel like you’re being swarmed with questions about the big day. But as much as your loved ones mean […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.Trying to sort through all the health insurance plans HR has given you? Find out how you can choose an affordable health insurance plan that covers your family’s needs!
Affordable Health Insurance for YouHealth insurance is a huge expense. Last year when we reviewed the health plan options, we found out that premiums were going up. again. No surprise there, but the amount did catch us off guard. If we were to stay with the ‘basic’ family plan we had, our monthly premiums would be almost the same as our mortgage payment! That seemed ridiculous. If you’re in the same boat – looking for an affordable health insurance plan that will cover your family’s needs, save this episode. Michael Dinich is back to help decipher and decode health plans so you two will be armed to make the best choice for you and your situation. In this episode we discuss:
- exactly how copays, coinsurance, deductibles, and more work so you know what coming out of your pocket and what’s covered
- compare how typical base plans work versus high deductible health plans
- the ins and outs of health savings accounts
Resources to Save Money on HealthcareAre you looking for more help with keeping health care within your budget? Here are some resources:
- Work with Michael: He’s a certified financial planner who specializes in assisting families to navigate their health care options.
- How to Save Money on Your Health Insurance and Expenses
- Why We’re Switching to a High Deductible Health Plan
- Hack the Affordable Care Act Guide
- How to Spend Less on Insurance
- Save Money on Health Insurance
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
Support the Podcast!Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!