Need to reset your money? Learn how to do some spring cleaning with your finances to start building momentum with your biggest goals! For some reason, I like to use April is a sort of reminder to review our financial progress. Maybe because of the deadline for taxes. Or maybe it’s because it’s financial literacy […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Tired of living paycheck to paycheck? Learn how a budget can help you two have more options and achieve your dreams!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/How_to_Give_Yourselves_More_Options_with_Money.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Budgets & Goals = More Options with Money
As we wrap this year up, I’m going over the interviews we’ve had and I wanted to address a misconception or I guess fear is a better word that I’ve heard from people about money.
Having a financial plan or even a budget limits you. It somehow pens you in, taking away options.
That truth is having a plan for your money, giving it a purpose gives you two more options, not less.
Today I share two guests and their take about money and choices.
- Jessica: There was a point where they decided they were going to buy a place in Toronto. Buying a house, condo, whatever is a big decision. It’s not something you can quickly walk away from. But with a bit of planning, Jessica and her husband created an option should they need to leave.
- Liz: She and her husband are on track to retire next year in their 30s. They’re already in their homestead in Vermont. To get there, they made very specific choices about their lifestyle, housing, and work. Being a young couple, people might wonder if they’re limiting themselves too quickly. But I think Liz had a great point about change and choice.
Listen in and hear from themselves how they’ve given themselves more options with their finances and lives.
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Help You Dump Debt
- The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
- The Great Debt Dump: Running Toward Financial Freedom with the Power of Community
- Paying Off Debt as a Couple
- Attacking Debt: Which One First?
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?
Support for this podcast also comes from Divvy Investments. If you’re looking for an easy way to help keep your portfolio on target for retirement without having to link your accounts to yet another service, check out Divvy. Listeners can get a 10% discount; use the coupon code, “Couplemoney”.
Like the music in this episode? Our theme song is by Gentle Regime.