Today we’re going over home buying tips so you can snag a great deal on your dream house! What You Need to Know About Buying a House This summer is wrapping up, but things are about to get busier for us. My mom was recently offered a job in the area and so she’s asked […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Learn what options are available and how to best save up for your kid’s college expenses!
Paying for Your Kid’s Education and College Expenses
With student loans seeming like a weight on many college grads, I think most parents who kids are thinking about either college, trade school, or vocational schools are trying to find ways to ease the burden.
And the advice typically given is to save ahead.
But the price of getting an education is rising pretty quickly.
How do you do that when you juggling your current family expenses and saving up for other goals?
To help me out today is Drew Snider. He’s a director in Financial Planning at Coastal Wealth Management.
He’s also a parent of a 12-year-old daughter and yes, he’s been thinking about this as well. So he’s looking at this from both sides.
In this episode, we’ll get into:
- The rising costs of college and why its harder for kids to work through college
- What options you have to save to and invest
- How you can start saving now
Hope you enjoy!
Tips on Paying for College
If you two are looking to help your kid skip out on student loans, here are some resources to help you save up.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Free 5 Days to $5k Course – Learn how to find, save, and make more money!
- How to Help Your Kid Graduate College Debt Free
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
If you’d like to get a review of your financial plans, Coastal has a fantastic Wealth Management team that help you with your family’s goals, including paying for college!
Key Takeaways on Paying for Your Kid’s College Expenses
Before we close up I want to focus on some key takeaways I got:
- Start early.
- Don’t go on autopilot.
- Have your kid have skin in the game.
If you’d like to chat more about ways to save for your kid’s college and education expenses, please join us in our private and free Facebook group, Thriving Families!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!