In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Today we’re going to see how you can prepare your finances so you can buy a house without going broke!
Things are about to get hectic around here.
We just heard from our neighbor that the developer is going to start building the townhouses across the street from us starting next week.
Buying a House – Always a Smart Move?
Here in Raleigh if there’s a sliver of land, they’ll develop it.
It’s a hot market right now and homes are going up at a rapid pace.
Our property value has been rising since we bought our house three years ago.
We’ve received mail from realtors and have seen upticks with estimates from real estate sites like Realto, Zillow, and Redfin.
Here’s a summary from Zillow:
We take these estimates with a grain of salt, but they are a reflection of the home value growing.
Seeing this growth you might think we’re firmly in the camp of every one needs to buy a house.
But we’re not.
And here’s the kicker – not every couple benefits from becoming a home owner.
In this episode we get into:
- how to know if buying a home is right for you
- real and total costs of home ownership
- how to figure out how much you can afford so you can buy a house and still pursue financial independence
Hope you enjoy!
Resources on Buying a House
If you’re looking to buy, here are some resources to help you find an affordable place you love!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving:
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- My friend was about to buy a million-dollar house with no research
- The Fallacy of Homeownership
- What You Need to Know About Mortgages
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Buying a House
- Is It Better to Rent or Own a Home?
- Buy vs Rent Calculator
- Calculate how much house you can afford
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!