In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Dream of quitting your job, but worried about your finances? Learn how one couple saved 70% of their income, quit their jobs, and pursued their dreams of financial freedom!
Quitting $250K Jobs to Travel the Country Together
September is here which means this week we’re nailing down what we like to do before 2018 closes out.
How about you? What goal or two do you want to knock out these next few months? There’s still time to do something big.
Today Alison and Matt from Owen Your Future are here to break down how they’re pursuing financial freedom on the road after they quit their jobs.
Whether you want to pivot your career, travel more, or just want to have some more options in your life, there are some wonderful strategies and tactics you can use.
- Why they wanted to pursue financial independence (and what that means to them)
- The process and steps they took to save 70% of their income
- why they shifted and quit their jobs early, even though they did not reach their FI number
Let’s see if we can get you a few steps closer to your big goal. Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Get on the Path to Financial Freedom
If you two are ready to make some real progress on your big goals, here are helpful resources to check out.
- Owen Your Future – Site | YouTube | Instagram
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Why We Quit Our $250k Per Year Jobs
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- The Secret Sauce to Financial Independence & Early Retirement
- Setting Up Your Retirement with the Right Tools
- How to Get on the Same Page with Financial Independence
- Retired at 30 on $56,000/year
Connect with the Owens
Matt and Alli Owen saved 70% of their incomes for 4 years and are now enjoying a “mini-retirement” traveling the Americas in their self-converted bright red Sprinter van, Clifford.
While they haven’t yet reached their “FI” number, they chose to leave their jobs early with the confidence that they will make up the rest with the skills they acquired through pursuing FI.
It is their hope to help more people to get out of debt and maximize their savings so that they can pursue their own version of financial freedom. Download this checklist to follow the exact process they used to ramp up their savings in 10 minutes a week or less!
Support the Podcast
Thank you so much for listening!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. I’d love for more couples to work together to dump their debt and pursue their dreams together! Please leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
I appreciate your help. Let’s make talking about marriage and money fun!