Need to reset your money? Learn how to do some spring cleaning with your finances to start building momentum with your biggest goals! For some reason, I like to use April is a sort of reminder to review our financial progress. Maybe because of the deadline for taxes. Or maybe it’s because it’s financial literacy […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.Want your kids to leave the house money savvy? Learn easy techniques and ways on how to teach your children how to save and invest like a pro!
Teaching Kids to Save and InvestDo you remember how you handled money growing up? I can’t recall when I got my allowance, but I remember being in second or third grade going around the neighborhood collecting bottles and cans to recycle and earn some extra money. And as grateful as I am for learning what I did, from how I mismanaged money later on and got into debt in college, I can see there were some gaps in my financial knowledge. My husband and I both want our girls to know the value of a hard-earned dollar and how to use it wisely. That won’t happen by accident. It’s going to take a plan. If you two want to help your little ones, make sure you save this episode. Bill Dwight, creator of the amazing family banking app famZoo is here today on the show. Besides being a tech whiz, he’s a father of five who’s had plenty of experience with the ups and downs of raising kids to become adults. In this episode we get into:
- When to start introducing finances
- Getting your kids comfortable with saving and investing
- Why your kids need to get a loan from you
Resources to Teach Your Kids about MoneyIf you’re looking for ideas and resources to prepare your kids to be money-savvy, here are some to check out!
- Thriving Families
- How to Teach Your Kids About Money (w/o Being Boring!)
- Cash Crunch Junior
Support the Podcast!Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!