Think your home is an investment? For most people, it’s not. Learn how to rethink real estate so you can build your wealth and become financially independent! Is Your House an Investment or Money Pit? Buying a house is usually the biggest purchase we make. Right now in the United States, the median price of homes that […]
Learn how handle your money better as a couple with tips from His & Her Money hosts Tai and Talaat. They give advice on how to start talking about money with one another, digging out of debt fast, and building wealth together.
[smart_track_player url=”http://media.blubrry.com/couplemoney/traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/CM_033_How_Two_Spouses_With_Opposing_Financial_Habits_Can_Win_With_Their_Money.mp3″ ]
Mastering your money can be a challenge, doing it as a couple – with different personalities and ideas on how to do it make it more complicated.
It can be done and that takes the two of you getting on the same page.
Learning to talk about money and deal with it as a duo is essential to achieve that.
This was actually something discussed in our second episode when I talked about how we began our financial journey.
Managing Your Money as a Couple
Every couple has their own DNA and how they tackle situations, so today we’re having Tai and Talaat from His & Her Money to give their perspective and insights.
When they were married a little more than eight years ago, they were coming from two different places financially.
One of them had a stellar credit score, was on top of their finances, and had no debt. the other? Not so much.
These two share their story and advice on:
- how to start talking about money even if you’re complete opposites
- finding a way to manage your money and marriage with respect
- digging out of debt as a team
They are a real couple who have succeeded so I hope their interview will encourage the two of you to become closer while improving your finances.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
If you want to learn more about His & Her Money or how to talk to your spouse about money, here are some helpful links.
- His and Her Money Podcast
- How to Talk About Money Without Starting a Fight: One of the most helpful things the two of you can do to strengthen your marriage and finances is sit down and be open with one another about money. Here are ideas that I believe can help both of you get started.
- His and Her Money on YouTube
- 21 Day Money Transformation
- Our First Money Chat as a Couple : For those curious, I share our own experience and review what went right and what we could’ve improved on.
As always, leave your money questions in the comments below!