Buying a car can be an extremely stressful situation. Today we’re going to break down how you can get the best deal on your next car! Can You Get a Great Deal on Your Car Loan? Cars and car payments are a way of life for many couples. According to the latest data I could […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
[smart_track_player url=”http://media.blubrry.com/couplemoney/traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/CM_S2E8_Parenting_Stories_and_Advice_For_Dads_To_Be.mp3″ ]
In today’s episode, Alan asks a ton of questions, such as:
- What sorts of conversations can I expect with my wife?
- What was the biggest challenge as a parent?
- What was the biggest surprise?
- How do you balance work and time as a dad?
Want to prepare for your little one? Listen to my episode on how to save for your baby! I share how you two can build a baby fund.
This has got to be one of my favorite episodes and it only has a smidge of finance in it!
The other week when I was in Charlotte, Alan came to me with this idea. He’s a dad to be and he’s expecting his first kid in few months.
He already has a lot on his plate now with running Real Money, but he wanted to take time now to prepare for this huge transition.
He has so many questions that he wanted to ask. Beside chatting with me, he wanted to get a father’s take on it and so he suggested J , who is the creator of Budgets are Sexy.
I was thrilled that J would be willing to come back on. He helped me when I was pregnant with our second daughter and I was anxious.
I felt honored that he wanted to do this on the podcast. Becoming a parent is life biggest transformations and to be able to be a guru, but a guide is a pleasure.
While we did have some serious moments of reflection, we had plenty of laughter and stories.
But most importantly we had an honest talk about the joys, the challenges, and the changes with being a parent. Not just with finances, but with your relationship and finding time for yourself.
Resources Mentioned on the Show
There was so much covered so I gathered links to what we covered in the episode. I also have a few favorite podcasts and posts I love and found handy.
- Baby Makes Four (or More): When J helped me when we were expecting our second kid.
- We are Parents!: Derek and Carrie share their thoughts, experiences with a home-birth, and they have a beautiful video.
- Parental Responsibilities: Expectations And Approach: There are a ton of episodes you should listen, but this one is a recent favorite.
- Financial Independence and Parenthood: Matt goes into how you two can work together to raise kids and become financially independent.
Your Parenting Stories
As always, please chime in on the site to share your own family’s stories. Having different perspectives can be incredibly helpful.