Think your home is an investment? For most people, it’s not. Learn how to rethink real estate so you can build your wealth and become financially independent! Is Your House an Investment or Money Pit? Buying a house is usually the biggest purchase we make. Right now in the United States, the median price of homes that […]
Learn how you can stage and prepare your home for an open house when it comes time to sell. These tips could help you sell it faster and get the price you want.
[smart_track_player url=”http://media.blubrry.com/couplemoney/traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/QA_Session_39_Preparing_an_Open_House_That_Wows_Potential_Buyers.mp3″ ]
This week’s theme is about staging and selling house so you can get a better price. Your real eastate agent may suggest hosting an open house to get some traffic in.
Whether it’s your first time or not, I have some tips from the staging consultant that worked with us that are designed to help your home become more appealing to potential buyers.
Let’s start with the curb appeal. Before they set foot in your house, you want to make sure buyers are excited about the place.
- Don’t block your house with cars. Move them out of the driveway and in front of the house.
- Clean and de-clutter your front lawn.
- Make sure your garage doors are down
If you need to, go to a garden or home improvement store and pick up some bright and cheery colored flowers to strategically place outside.
Making Your Open House Shine with Staging
Once potential buyers are inside, you can help them picture themselves living there by getting all the rooms ready.
- Tidy up all the stuff off the floor – toys, pet stuff – get it all out
- Turn the lights on, open up the blinds
- Wipe down counters
- Vacuum the carpets and Clean the floors
- Have the house at a comfortable temperature
- Open all the doors (except closets)
- Play music (classical or soft rock) and make sure it is low enough people can carry on a conversation
Finally it would be best if you leave your home while the open house is happening. Your gent is trained and can keep an eye on guest and gauge their interest for you.
Sounds fairly simple, but these tips can play a big part with selling your house!