Do you want to go on a fabulous family vacation, but you’re still paying down debt? Learn how you can save big on your next getaway while still knocking out your debt! Saving Up for a Fun and Frugal Family Vacation When’s your spring break? Our oldest has hers next month, but she’s already counting […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Want to retire early, but don’t have a lucrative income? Rob shares how small changes have had a huge impact on his finances, allowing him to be able to retire by 40!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/How_To_Retire_Early_without_a_Lucrative_Job.mp3″ ]
Small Changes, Big Impact
Just because your career isn’t lucrative doesn’t mean you’re stuck living paycheck to paycheck.
Rob’s a federal employee working as an accountant. His paycheck has never been extravagant but he’s on track to retire by 40.
He and his wife Sara have been writing about how they’re doing it on Mustard Seed Money. Like the biblical reference, Rob wants to share how small changes can lead to big results.
They’re on today to discuss:
- why and how they first talked about money in their marriage
- finding ways to keep their monthly expenses (especially the big ones) low
- having fun along the journey
More from Mustard Seed Money
Loved chatting with these two! I hope you check out Mustard Seed Money. Here are a few of my favorite posts:
- Are Housemates Worth the Financial Benefits?
- How We Save Money on Food
- Saving Money When You Have a Baby
Resources to Retire Early & Money Hacks
If you two are looking at early retirement or to become financially independent, check out these resources.
- Why We Don’t Micromanage Our Money
- Financial Independence and Parenthood
- The Joy That Comes When Less Is Enough
- The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement
- Seven Characteristics of The Millionaire Next Door
- How To Score a $50 Car Payment For Life
Jumpstart Your Marriage & Your Money
Stressed over money? Get the guide to building your wealth together!
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money is designed to get you two on an effective and easy system to dump your debt, save for your dreams, and become financially independent in four weeks!
Inside, you’ll learn how to:
- Stop fighting about money. See how you two can get on the same page with your goals and have fun with money dates.
- Automate your budget & system. Stay on top of your money without stressing over every penny.
- Earn and save more money. We’ll go through ways you can slash your expenses and start building some extra income to reach your dreams faster!
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?