Today we’re going over home buying tips so you can snag a great deal on your dream house! What You Need to Know About Buying a House This summer is wrapping up, but things are about to get busier for us. My mom was recently offered a job in the area and so she’s asked […]
Today I’m answering your biggest tax questions. We’re doing a quick and easy take covering what you need to know this year when you file, how to maximize your refund, and set yourselves up with your finances for next year.
How to Maximize Your Tax Refunds with Credit and Deductions
There are some people in this world who are giddy right now because it’s tax season.
Yeah, this is like the SuperBowl for some money nerds.
And while I admit to being a number cruncher at times, I have to say taxes aren’t really that exciting for me.
Yep, guilty as charged.
However, I’ve seen how important getting our tax done has been for our finances. Both with planning throughout the year as well as using our refunds to reach our financial goals faster.
And I want you to see taxes in a better, maybe less stressful light so today I’ll tackle the big questions.
Heads up, even though I enjoy covering personal finances, I’m not a tax expert. There will be plenty of resources in today’s show notes for sure.
But this episode I will do my best to break things down and talk like a normal, non-money nerd.
In this episode, we’ll discuss:
- The difference between tax deductions and credits
- Major difference we noticed with the new tax law
- Making the most of your tax refund
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Tackle Your Taxes
Looking to make taxes less stressful? Here are some of my favorite resources!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- TurboTax <— We use them for our taxes
- Automatic Saving:
- Free 401(k) Analysis:
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Your 2019 Taxes: What You Need to Know About the Tax Reform Bill
Support the Podcast
Thank you so much for listening!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. I’d love for more couples to work together to dump their debt and pursue their dreams together! Please leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
I appreciate your help. Let’s make talking about marriage and money fun!