Want to get the most out of your 401(k)? Learn the key guidelines on how you can choose the best investment options for you! Making the Most of Your 401(k) Chances are if you’re investing for your retirement, the bulk of that money is stashed away in your 401(k). For those whose employers offer them, […]
Tired of getting hit with fees from your bank? Today we’re going to see how you can find the best place to stash your cash to save and earn more money!
Best Banks for Your Money
All this month we’ve been talking about big decisions you need to make about health insurance and investing that will have an impact not only on your finances next year, but beyond.
These are things you should care about for sure, but I want to cover pretty much a crucial decision you don’t want to ignore – your bank accounts.
Where and how you bank can either help you reach your financial goals faster if you got a great banking partner or it can hinder you and drain your wallet if you have a dud.
In this episode we’ll get into:
- why / where/ and how you bank matters
- 3 alternatives to the big banks that can save and make you more money
- How to easily set up and automate your money
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Get the Most Out of Your Bank Accounts
Are you two ready to master your joint accounts? Do you want to create a system that fits your priorities and styles?
Here are some resources to check out:
- Coastal Federal Credit Union <- We bank with them
- Want a Happier Marriage? Combine Bank Accounts
- Finding the Best Banking and Investing Accounts
- Optimize Your Bank or Credit Union Accounts
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Track These 2 Key Numbers to Master Your Money
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
For those looking at getting a better deal with their checking and savings account, you may want to check out Capital One 360. Capital One 360 is giving customers big bonuses when you open up a new account with them from now through December 1st 11:59pm ET.
Earn $100 Bonus with Fee-Free Checking
How it works:
- Open a fee-free 360 Checking Account between Nov. 28thand Dec. 1st
- Make an initial deposit of at least $250
- Complete 5 Debit Card purchases, deposit checks from anywhere with CheckMate or any combo of both within 45 days
- Snag your $100 bonus on day 50
The nitty gritty:
- This has to be your (or your joint account holder’s) first 360Checking Account (including Electric Orange checking)
- The 5 Debit Card purchases can either be signature or PIN-based
- Your $100 bonus will be automatically deposited into your account on day 50
If you want to open a checking account with Capital One 360, simply click here to get started.
360 Savings®: Start your Savings Journey with a 360 Savings Account (and a $100 bonus)
How it works:
- Open a no-free 360 Savings Account between Nov. 28th and Dec. 1st with an initial deposit of $1,000 or more
- Snag a bonus of $100
- Enjoy the gift of saving
The nitty gritty:
- This has to be your (or your joint account holder’s) first 360Savings Account (including Orange savings Accounts)
- The bonus starts earning interest on day 1, but you can’t take it our for at least 30 days
- This account must be funded from a source outside of CapitalOne 360, In other words, your initial deposit can not be transferred from an existing Capital One 360 account.
If you want to open a savings account with Capital One 360, simply click here to get started.
Photo Credit: PT Money