Need to reset your money? Learn how to do some spring cleaning with your finances to start building momentum with your biggest goals! For some reason, I like to use April is a sort of reminder to review our financial progress. Maybe because of the deadline for taxes. Or maybe it’s because it’s financial literacy […]
Want to up your game with your 401(k)?Learn what smart retirement moves you can make to optimize your portfolio and save for retirement!
Smart Retirement Moves for Your 401(k)
Last week we look at retirement planning from a high level – figuring out a ballpark of what you’d like your retirement to look like as well as how it fits in with what you’re doing now.
This week we’re focused on a very specific part – figuring out what to invest in when there are plenty of options.
Since I’m not a financial planner and I have no idea of your very specific finances, this episode will cover the process.
In this episode we’ll get into:
- Prioritizing your investments
- Look at whether index funds are really a smart move
- Optimizing your 401(k)
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Rock Your Retirement
Ready to invest for retirement? Here are some fantastic resources to set things up and help you plan for your retirement together.
- Rock Retirement
- Investing Made Simple
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- The Secret Sauce to Financial Independence & Early Retirement
- Retirement Answer Man Podcast
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Financial Independence and Parenthood
- Setting Up Your Retirement with the Right Tools
- How to Get on the Same Page with Financial Independence
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Looking to retire early or become financially free? Learn the key to investing to be financially independent and how index funds help you stress less and grow your nest egg faster!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/The_Key_to_Investing_for_Financial_Independence_.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Investing and Financial Independence
We’re here – the final show for the 10 Days & Many Ways to Financial Independence!
After getting into tracking your money, slashing expenses, boosting your savings rate, and earn more, it’s time to look at where to invest.
You might be wondering why I waited until the end to talk about investing – I mean isn’t that the secret sauce to early retirement?
If you speak with or read about those who are already retired, they’ll more than likely tell you that key to retiring early is growing the gap between what you make and what you spend.
Selected Links from the Episode:
Financially Independent Investing
If you want to learn more about index funds and/or investing, here are some resources to checkout:
- Investing Made Simple
- 8 Simple Portfolios
- Why Invest with Index Funds?
- Essential Guide To IRAs and Investing
Thank You for Your Support!
Couple Money Podcast is made possible because of listeners like you. Every tweet, Facebook like, rating, and review gets the word out. You can also become a patron and support the show. For a $1 or more a month, you can get behind the scenes access and extra bonuses.
Know Your Numbers with Personal Capital
This podcast is brought to you by Personal Capital, a free tool to not only quickly and easily track your net worth, but also analyze your portfolio.
Music Credit: The Blessed Cassettes
Want to easily set-up your retirement accounts without having to stress over it? Certified Public Accountant and author Mike Piper shares how index investing can help your achieve your investing goals.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/CMP_Rewind_5_Investing_Made_Simple_with_Mike_Piper.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Today we’re at #5 of the top 10 episodes of the Couple Money Podcast!
Index Investing and You
Investing can be a tricky subject for many with all the noise out there on what’s stock hot or which mutual is about to rebound.
When I was putting together this episode my goal was to give you a few principles and resources that could get you set up with retirement investing even if you didn’t have a lot of money start off with.
During the interview Mike goes over a few essentials on investing, including:
- advantages of index funds
- what asset allocation is
- when robo-advisors can be helpful
- what to do when your 401(k) doesn’t offer index funds
Hope you enjoy!
Simple and Effective Investing with Mike Piper
Mike Piper has been helping people with their investing and more as a Certified Public Accountant and as personal finance author.
He founded Oblivious Investor and is a contributor to The Wall Street Journal and Money Magazine.
Looking for more information about investing? Please check out his posts on:
Start Investing Today
Setting them up was easy and the service has been wonderful with both companies.
Vanguard and Betterment offer you a way to invest effectively and efficiently with index funds and ETFs.