Feel like you have a full plate and not enough time (or money!) to plan for retirement? Learn step by step how you two can rock retirement and still have fun now!
Real Retirement Planning for Real Life
Gotta love analytics. You all that data floating about.
Once a week I look over things including what people searching when they discover Couple Money. And you know what I found?
Believe or not, I noticed pretty much every day people discover my site with some variation of this one question.
How much do we need to retire?
It’s a big question for sure, but I don’t think it’s the right question.
At least not to start with.
As you probably discovered with that first question I asked, retirement can be completely different things to everyone.
And sometimes you two can have differing opinions.
So how do you figure what you need to do? You have to look at it at two different angles. Of course, there’s the technical part with the specific investments in your portfolio.
But you before you do that you need a game plan. One that is robust and at the same time, can adjust as your life changes.
Not only is he is a Certified Financial Planner who’s worked for over 25 years and he’s the author of Rock Retirement.
His mission is to shift people’s mindset from investing in a portfolio to investing in what they love.
Because this is a huge deal, we’re having a two-parter.
In this episode we’re discussing:
- The problem with traditional retirement planning and calculators
- Striking that balance between taking care of things down the line while still loving your life now
- How to rethink and plan your retirement as a couple
Let’s jump right in!
Resources to Rock Your Retirement
Ready to prepare for retirement while ill having some fun now? Here are some fantastic resources to set things up and help you plan for your retirement together.
- Rock Retirement – Roger has written an incredible book that breaks down how you can plan and save not just for retirement, but a life you love now!
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- The Secret Sauce to Financial Independence & Early Retirement
- Retirement Answer Man Podcast
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Financial Independence and Parenthood
- Setting Up Your Retirement with the Right Tools
- How to Get on the Same Page with Financial Independence
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.