Think your home is an investment? For most people, it’s not. Learn how to rethink real estate so you can build your wealth and become financially independent! Is Your House an Investment or Money Pit? Buying a house is usually the biggest purchase we make. Right now in the United States, the median price of homes that […]
Today we’re going over to figure out the best money goals for you and how to tackle them together!
Tackling Your Big Money Goals
It’s December, can you believe it?
What are your plans for this month?
Last weekend we went up to visit family and friends in Virginia. We had a wonderful time, but we’re a bit drained seeing so many people at once. This weekend we’re relaxing.
Now that we took care of the last bit of stuff for health insurance and investments that my husband’s employer needed for next year, we should have time to chat a bit more on what we want to do overall.
Typically we both have ideas on what we like to knock out and usually, we end up with 2 or 3 big goals for the year. Last year we focused on the basement renovation (1st phase done!), family trips (2 bigger and several weekend trips), and paying more towards the mortgage (upped our monthly mortgage payments).
Proud of what we did and we’d like to build on that momentum. And based on the emails and messages I got it looks like you’re thinking the same thing. So today we’re going over how to reach your money goals together.
In this episode we’ll get into:
- Why people fail with their goals
- Choosing the right goal for you
- Setting up a system that makes it easy for you to knock out your goal
You’re ready? Let’s go!
Resources to Knocking Out Your Money Goals Together
Want to learn more? Here are some resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- The Smart Way to Build Your Emergency Fund
- 3 Keys to Knocking Out Your Big Money Goals Together
- Why Most People Fail with Their Goals
- 10 Personal Finance Goals To Help Your Family Build Wealth This Year
- How Setting Financial Goals Will Get You To Financial Freedom with Michael Kay
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Want to stop living paycheck to paycheck, but not sure where to start? Learn how to create a budget together so you can have fun now and some savings later!
Create a Budget You Both Love
How do you feel about your budget?
Chances are you’re not exactly thrilled about it.
A survey conducted by Experian found that nearly half – 42% to be exact – don’t use one because they feel like they’re ineffective and unnecessary.
In this episode we’ll discuss:
- how a budget can fit into your life and grow with you through your marriage
- how to fit your personal hobbies into your budget
- why there is no one size fits all budget
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Budget Together
Do you two want to get on the same page with budgets? Here are some helpful resources mentioned in the episode and more.
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- The Total Money Makeover
- Real Life on a Budget: 17 Practical Challenges to Live and Thrive on a Budget
- How to Successfully Budget as a Couple
- Track These 2 Key Numbers to Master Your Money
- Six Tips for Newlyweds to Manage Finances
Budget Templates to Try Out
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?