Do you feel like you’re stuck with your finances? Popcorn Finance host Chris shares how he and his wife worked to dump their debt and start saving together!
The Debt Free Story Behind Popcorn Finance
One of the first things I ask when you join the community is to share what goal you’re tackling. By far, the two biggest goals are dumping debt and having some savings for emergencies.
And that makes sense, seeing as the average household that has credit card debt, has a balance of just under $16,000. The average American under 35 has about $1500 in savings.
That can be a real burden on a marriage. But you two can get out of your financial rut and start making real progress.
My buddy Chris, creator and host of Popcorn Finance is on the show to share his story.
We get into:
- how Chris and his wife ‘K’ got into debt
- the system they use to budget and knock out their debts
- what’s his favorite money app
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Get on the Same Page with Your Finances
Want to make talking about money less stressful? Here are some fantastic resources to motivate and nudge you to debt freedom faster!
- What’s Your One Page Financial Plan?
- Our $27,000 Debt Story
- How to Successfully Budget as a Couple
- 2018 Listener Goals on Popcorn Finance
Handy Tools to Save More Money
Here are a few of my favorite tools that make saving money much easier!
- Money Tracking and Budgets: Personal Capital, Mint, and Tiller are fantastic options
- Qapital: Free tool that makes saving automatic and fun
- iBotta: Redeem cash while shopping
- Camel, Camel, Camel: Free Amazon price tracker
- Honey: Free browser extension that searches for coupon codes for you during check out
- Paribus: Checks for price drops and works to get you a refund
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here.