You’ve probably heard how giving not only benefits the recipients but the giver. However, what do you do when you’re in debt? Learn how you can pay off debt and give more to the causes that matter most to you! Giving While in Debt? When people ask this, two things jump out at me. First, […]
Budgeting together isn’t always easy. Jessi Fearon, author and creator of The Budget Mama, shares her story and tips for how to successfully budget as a couple!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/How_to_Sucessfully_Budget_as_a_Couple_with_The_Budget_Mama_.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Budgets and Couples
- why and how Jessi and her husband Pat had a $500 wedding
- the changes she and Pat paid off over $55,000 of debt in 17 months
- why you shouldn’t obsess on finding the best budget and instead how to create a budget that you can stick with
Hope you enjoy!
If you want to hear about an easy way to budget? Listen to my episode on budgets for couples who hate budgets.
Resources to Budget Together
Do you two want to get on the same page with budgets? Here are some helpful resources mentioned in the episode and more.
- The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
- Real Life on a Budget: 17 Practical Challenges to Live and Thrive on a Budget
- Why We have Joint AND Separate Accounts
- Six Tips for Newlyweds to Manage Finances
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?
Support for this podcast also comes from Divvy Investments. If you’re looking for an easy way to help keep your portfolio on target for retirement without having to link your accounts to yet another service, check out Divvy. Listeners can get a 10% discount; use the coupon code, “Couplemoney”.