Today we’re going to see how you can prepare your finances so you can buy a house without going broke! Things are about to get hectic around here. We just heard from our neighbor that the developer is going to start building the townhouses across the street from us starting next week. Buying a House […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Sick and tired of your debt and want to have more options? Learn how Claudia & Garrett from Two Cup House dumped $200k in two years by simplifying their lives and moving into a tiny house!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/Dumping_Debt_and_Downsizing_Into_a_Tiny_Home.mp3″ ]
Simplifying Into Tiny Home Living
Claudia was kind enough to come on the podcast to share her stories and tips about dumping the debt and simplifying their lives.
In this episode we talk about:
- what pushed Claudia and Garrett to make shrink their living space
- the real story, struggles, and wins of going tiny with their home
- how they managed to crush debt and achieve financial freedom
Simplifying Finances and Lives with Two Cup House
Two years ago, Claudia and her husband Garrett made a decision – they were going to get rid of the stuff in their lives so they could travel more. Their dream was to build a tiny home (their two cup house). Things didn’t go exactly as planned, but they’ve had stunning results:
- got rid of all of their debt – over $200,000
- unloaded their stuff and downing sized their living space
- became financially free
They’ve been recording their journey over at Two Cup House. While it’s hard to pick favorites, here are some posts that I think you should check out:
- Our Path to Debt Freedom
- Real Talk of Tiny Living: Clutter
- What Life is Like After We Paid Off Our $69,751 Mortgage in 13 Months
Resources to Simplify Your Lives and Dump Debt Faster
If you two are thinking of simplifying your home, finances, or lives, here are some resources to get started:
- Paying Off Debt as a Couple
- Attacking Debt: Which One First?
- The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
- The Great Debt Dump: Running Toward Financial Freedom with the Power of Community
- 17 Money Saving Strategies We Used to Triple Our Savings Rate
- Escape Living Paycheck to Paycheck
- Early Retirement in Your 30s with Frugalwoods
- Boost Your Income with Side Hustles
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?