Are you a parent of a child with special needs? We share some of the essential conversations and resources that help you cope and succeed!
Taking Financial Care of Your Child with Special Needs
Being a parent is an incredible gift and responsibility. Even though the most important things in life are free, I think we also know there are expenses with raising kids.
When you have a child with special needs, those expenses can skyrocket. It can be a challenge to keep things manageable, but it’s not impossible.
Today we’ll get into the essentials and conversation to have so you two can get started.
Since this is something I’m not qualified to speak on, I’m grateful that Michelle Gershfeld is here today.
Michelle is a certified financial counselor and attorney. Michelle also a mother who has had to work hard to make sure her daughter’s special needs was taken care of.
So this isn’t an academic exercise, it’s something she understands well.
In this episode we discuss:
- putting together a team to help make sure your child’s needs are provided for
- financial and legal considerations to keep in mind when planning
- dealing with the unique financial scenarios that come up
Hope this helps!
If you two are looking to speak with Michelle, you can reach out through her law firm.
- AFCPE: Special thanks to them for connecting me to Michelle. AFCPE® is the nationally recognized leader in financial counseling, coaching, and education.
- Benefits For Children With Disabilities – Social Security
- List of Grants and Resources for Families with Special Needs
- Financial Assistance | |Autism Speaks
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here!