Marsha Barnes from The Finance Bar shares her top tips on how to jump-start your finances and build momentum with your money.
[smart_track_player url=”http://media.blubrry.com/couplemoney/traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/CM_S2E10_Starting_and_Building_Momentum_with_Your_Money.mp3″ ]
The Finance Bar – Empowering a Community and Educating About Money
Marsha Barnes, Certified Financial Educator, knows a lot about taking charge and helping others with finances. When she saw a need for more financial literacy and education in her community, she created her non-profit The Finance Bar.
She travels to schools, organizations, and corporations in and around Charlotte, NC with the first mobile financial literacy hub!
As she has worked with clients and the community over the last few years, she created resources to help others get a better handle on their money.
- The Finance Bar app to help manage expenses
- The Members Club to give women the tools, knowledge, and community they need to improve their finances
- A blog full of practical and handy tips on money
So if you need a boost with your money mindset, she’s the one!
Tips to Build Your Financial Momentum
A recent post covered twenty tips on how to gain financial momentum. She was kind enough to go on the podcast to share and explain some of some of her personal favorites.
- Finding your why. Why do you desire to change your financial situation?
- Face the facts of your situation. They’re real yet temporary.
- Embrace the process.
- Acquire an appetite for financial success.
Thoughts on Fixing Your Finances
How many of you are working on your finances? Have you ever felt like you’re in a rut? What has help you to break free and make progress on your goals?