Do you want to go on a fabulous family vacation, but you’re still paying down debt? Learn how you can save big on your next getaway while still knocking out your debt! Saving Up for a Fun and Frugal Family Vacation When’s your spring break? Our oldest has hers next month, but she’s already counting […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Part of protecting your finances means managing your accounts, both online and offline. Today we’ll share how you can arm yourself against fraud and scams!
Keeping an Eye Out for Scams and Fraud
With so many people shopping in stores and online, scammers are all too happy to grab your data and financial information.
While there’s nothing you can do to completely eliminate these scams, there ways you can protect yourselves.
Joe Mecca from Coastal Federal Credit Union is back to wrap up this two-parter.
In this episode we get into:
- Big offline scams and online phishing to watch out for
- Protecting yourself with strong passwords
- Apps and resources to protect you and your finances
We have a lot to cover, so let’s get started!
Resources to Protect Your Identity and Finances
If you’ve had your wallet or purse stolen or lost, here are some resources we mentioned in the episode as well as some other handy articles to check out:
- Protecting Yourself from Identity Theft
- FBI Futurist Shares His Top 5 Tips For Protecting Your Identity Online
- How to Fight Back Against Identity Theft
- The Equifax Data Breach: What to Do if You’re Affected
- Coastal Federal Credit Union
- Credit Union Locator
- Annual Credit Report: Free way to review each of your credit reports
For freezing your accounts or putting an alert you need to contact the credit bureaus.
- Equifax: 1-888-766-0008
- Experian: 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion: 1-800-680-72892
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!