Today we’re talking about how you two can really review the big picture and make sure you hit YOUR big money goals! Financial Check-ups The first half of this year is about over, so how are you guys doing right now? It’s funny how time seems to speed up and slow down. Looking back […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Need to reset your money? Learn how to do some spring cleaning with your finances to start building momentum with your biggest goals!
For some reason, I like to use April is a sort of reminder to review our financial progress. Maybe because of the deadline for taxes.
Or maybe it’s because it’s financial literacy month.
Anyways, during April I’ll poke around all our accounts, including investments to make sure we’re moving in the right direction.
I’ll also review our goals for the year and see if we need to adjust anything.
If you’ve signed up for the community newsletter you got a look at a few of our goals for this year.
We’re looking to:
- Make a dent on our mortgage with extra payments
- Have enough saved up to replace a car
- And for me, I’m working on getting in shape to tackle a 5k obstacle course
And if you haven’t, go ahead and take a little extra time checking your goals and numbers.
Things can be going smoothly, which is awesome.
But it’s not – like you’re behind on a goal or you two can’t seem to make any headway on something, this episode is for you.
We’re going to look at how you can reset things, do some financial spring cleaning, and build up some momentum.
In this episode we get into:
- Why finances are a lot like fitness
- Best resources to get on the same page as a couple and
- How to start paying off debt faster, saving more, and creating your own path to financial freedom and independence
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Stay on Top of Your Money
Want to learn more about getting a redo on your money? Here are some resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving:
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Debt Pay off Worksheet
- Change Your Habits and Own Your Finances
- Which Debt Payoff Method Is Right for You?
- 3 Steps to Staying Motivated While Paying Off Debt
- 50 Ways to Give Your Finances A Fresh Start
- How to Start Investing (with $1,000 or Less)Paying Off Your Debt Faster as a Couple
- How to Build Wealth While Raising a Family
- Using Snowflakes to Pay Off Debt Faster
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!