Not sure how to get your kids to understand budgets without boring them? Learn how a trip to the zoo gave our six-year-old a (fun) crash course on money!
Kids and Money
What happens when you put your 6-year-old in charge of the money? We did a real life experiment to help our daughter learn about managing money
In this episode we get into:
- getting comfortable talking about money with your kid
- how to let your kid learn about money without giving a lecture
- working together to pass on money lessons
Hope you enjoy!
Want to hear more about teaching kids about your money, please check out my interview with Ron Lieber, author of the fantastic book The Opposite of Spoiled.
Helpful Resources on Kids and Money
If you’re trying to figure out a system that can work for your family, here are a few resources to check out:
- The Opposite of Spoiled
- 6 Tips for Building the Charitable Giving Muscle with Your Kids
- 5 Reasons I Don’t Buy Toys for My Kids
- 5 Ways to Teach Kids Money Principles
- Tips For Giving Kids an Allowance
- The Opposite of Spoiled: Teaching Kids about Money (and More)
- Boost Your Kid’s Money IQ with a Simple Spreadsheet
- 29 Tips for Teaching Your Kids to Stack Benjamins from Joe, Tai, Len, and Bill
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here!
Like the music in this episode? Our theme song is by Gentle Regime. Additional music by Lee Rosevere and Logan from Music for Makers in this episode.