You’ve probably heard how giving not only benefits the recipients but the giver. However, what do you do when you’re in debt? Learn how you can pay off debt and give more to the causes that matter most to you! Giving While in Debt? When people ask this, two things jump out at me. First, […]
Are you two frustrated because you’re financial opposites? Learn strategies and conversation starters so you can get on the same page and win with money!
When Financial Opposites Attract
Money fights are an incredible source of stress with marriage when left unchecked.
it doesn’t have to be that way.
There are couples who have achieved huge goals – like paying off massive amounts of debts, buying their dream home, or travel together by harness the advantages of their differences.
The key is learning how to work together even when they are financial opposites.
I usually don’t do two guests, but I wanted to show how 1 – there are certain principles that can help every couple and 2 – there are times when you have to carve your own path.
In this episode we get into:
- Creating your goals and money take
- Finding a budget you’re both on board with
- How to deal with tricky situations – like lending money to family – without straining your marriage or money
Think you’ll hear a lot of familiar stuff and get some new ideas with this episode. Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Combine Your Finances
Here are some resources to dive deep into how you two can work together as a team with your finances.
- How to Talk About Money Without Starting a Fight
- Managing Financial Conflicts as a Couple
- How to Use Money Fights to Strengthen Your Marriage with Jayson Gaddis
- Build Your Marriage & Wealth with Money Dates
- Three Toxic Habits to Stop When Talking About Money
- Jen Hemphill’s Money Coaching
Zeta: Helping Couples Master Their Money Together
So happy Aditi could join us on this episode. If you two are looking for a customizable solution with your finances, please check out Zeta.
Zeta helps you stay on top of your finances together by helping you understand where your money is going. Track all of your accounts in one easy to use spot.
Stay on the same page about money! Drop memos on specific transactions, add monthly notes to remember what happened, or split spending as needed. Go to Zeta to get more info!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!