In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Ready to take a last minute getaway or weekend trip? Use these travel apps and get the best deals!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/Travel_Apps_to_Score_Deals_on_Last_Minute_Getaways.mp3″ ]
Travel Apps and Sites to Bookmark for Your Weekend Getaways
There are more sites than ever for travelers. Besides snagging last minute deals on popular tourist spots, you can also discover some awesome destinations.
- Airbnb: If you want to live like a local, Airbnb can help you find a bed or whole house for your next trip. We used the site when we went away for an anniversary trip and had a beautiful riverfront apt in Wilmington, NC for a fraction of the price of a hotel.
- Priceline: I’m a huge fan of their Name Your Own Price feature, which has helped us score plane tickets, hotel rooms, and car rental half off the advertised prices.
- Better Bidding: Speaking of bids, there are forums and sites online that can help you figure out what it will take to your bid accepted.
Apps to Help Score Great Deals and Keep Organized
With smartphones everywhere, apps have been developed to help travelers. Download these apps to help you get the best deals and explore your destination.
- Localeur: (iOS only) Locals share some of their favorite spots in 14 major U.S. cities.
- TripIt: With two kids in tow, I love have one app to handle and organize all of the travel arrangements.
- Hopper: If you like to double check the deals on flights, Hopper is great. The app analyzes tons of flight prices and can suggest when it’s a good time to purchase ticket.
- Hipmunk: An all in one solution where you can find last minute deals and book them.
Even though you might not think of it as a travel app per se, GasBuddy can tremendously helpful if you’re taking a road trip.
Thoughts on Weekend Getaways
I’d love to hear your ideas and stories. What has been your favorite getaway destination?
What has been your most recent travel deal you’ve taken? What travel apps are your favorite for planning?