Today we’re going over home buying tips so you can snag a great deal on your dream house! What You Need to Know About Buying a House This summer is wrapping up, but things are about to get busier for us. My mom was recently offered a job in the area and so she’s asked […]
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
You’ve probably heard how giving not only benefits the recipients but the giver. However, what do you do when you’re in debt? Learn how you can pay off debt and give more to the causes that matter most to you!
Giving While in Debt?
When people ask this, two things jump out at me.
First, they have a generous spirit. That’s fantastic.
Second, their current budget isn’t working for them. That’s something that needs to be adjusted.
What if I told you there’s a way you can take care of the essentials, make progress on paying off your debts, and still give?
Today Certified Financial Educational Instructor and The Money Speakeasy founder Wilson Muscadin is here to discuss how.
In this episode we get into:
- Why we struggle with money
- A counter-intuitive way to think about how you budget
- How giving can help be wiser with your money
Let’s get started!
Resources to Give Back More
If you’re looking to create a budget that reflects your values while still taking care of the essentials, here are some resources to check out.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Partners in Wealth
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Total Money Makeover
- Giving USA 2018: Americans Gave $410.02 Billion to Charity in 2017
- Charitable Giving in America: Some Facts and Figures
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!