Buying a car can be an extremely stressful situation. Today we’re going to break down how you can get the best deal on your next car! Can You Get a Great Deal on Your Car Loan? Cars and car payments are a way of life for many couples. According to the latest data I could […]
Feel like you have a full plate and not enough time (or money!) to plan for retirement? Learn step by step how you two can rock retirement and still have fun now!
Real Retirement Planning for Real Life
Gotta love analytics. You all that data floating about.
Once a week I look over things including what people searching when they discover Couple Money. And you know what I found?
Believe or not, I noticed pretty much every day people discover my site with some variation of this one question.
How much do we need to retire?
It’s a big question for sure, but I don’t think it’s the right question.
At least not to start with.
As you probably discovered with that first question I asked, retirement can be completely different things to everyone.
And sometimes you two can have differing opinions.
So how do you figure what you need to do? You have to look at it at two different angles. Of course, there’s the technical part with the specific investments in your portfolio.
But you before you do that you need a game plan. One that is robust and at the same time, can adjust as your life changes.
Not only is he is a Certified Financial Planner who’s worked for over 25 years and he’s the author of Rock Retirement.
His mission is to shift people’s mindset from investing in a portfolio to investing in what they love.
Because this is a huge deal, we’re having a two-parter.
In this episode we’re discussing:
- The problem with traditional retirement planning and calculators
- Striking that balance between taking care of things down the line while still loving your life now
- How to rethink and plan your retirement as a couple
Let’s jump right in!
Resources to Rock Your Retirement
Ready to prepare for retirement while ill having some fun now? Here are some fantastic resources to set things up and help you plan for your retirement together.
- Rock Retirement – Roger has written an incredible book that breaks down how you can plan and save not just for retirement, but a life you love now!
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- The Secret Sauce to Financial Independence & Early Retirement
- Retirement Answer Man Podcast
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Financial Independence and Parenthood
- Setting Up Your Retirement with the Right Tools
- How to Get on the Same Page with Financial Independence
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Learn how you two can reach your retirement goals without sacrificing fun now. Roger Whitney, The Retirement Answer Man, comes on the podcast to help you plan your retirement.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/CM_S2E22_How_Couples_Can_Retire_Happily_Ever_After.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
What’s Your Happily Ever After?
Not talking about the fairy tale where you come into a windfall from a distant relative whose left their fortune.
What are you looking forward to? What do you want to do in the next few years? Can you describe how you want your retirement to go?
Whether you have a clear picture of what you want or you’re just starting to think about it, today’s episode will be a fun listen.
Roger Whitney, the Retirement Answer Man, will be on to talk about retirement, and what that actually means for you.
We also get into:
- how to prepare for retirement without depriving yourself of joy now
- How sprints and SMART goals can take you closer to the life you want
- how to talk to one another and use those differences as a superpower instead having them tear your marriage apart
Smart Retirement Advice with Roger Whitney
Even though Roger has the intellectual chops to handle finances (he’s a Certified Financial Planner, Certified Private Wealth Advisor, and Accredited Investment Fiduciary to mention a few), his real strength is his holistic approach when helping clients.
He is also the creator and host of The Retirement Answer Man, a weekly podcast helping listeners plan a path towards their ideal retirement.
Resources to Help You Plan for Your Retirement
If you want to learn more, please check out these resources:
- Learn Your Money Style
- 4 Myths That Could Ruin Your Retirement and How to Avoid Them
- Smart Retirement Moves for 20somethings
- Most Common Mistakes People Make When Planning for Retirement
If you’re ready to open an investment account, please check out any of these: