In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Protect yourself from identity theft and minimize damage with this handy guide on what to do when your wallet or purse is stolen!
My Wallet was Stolen, Now What?
If you’re subscribed to the community newsletter you may remember that in July I mentioned that my purse got stolen in Denver.
We were over in Colorado to celebrate my cousin getting married. Beautiful weekend and celebration, but yeah that was a sour note for sure.
We spent a good chunk of time on the phone and online to get things squared away.
As we were working to avoid getting hit with any unauthorized charges and sort out things with TSA since our flight back was only a few days away, I wished I had a handy and quick guide on what I needed to do.
I hope you never have your wallet or purse stolen, but if you do I want to make things easier.
That’s why I have Joe Mecca from Coastal Credit Union on. Here’s joining me today to discuss on what you need to know to protect yourself against identity theft and what steps you need to take to recover or replace what was stolen.
I want to help to minimize the damage and stress so you can get back to your routine and focus on the important things.
Resources to Protect Your Identity and Finances
If you’ve had your wallet or purse stolen or lost, here are some resources we mentioned in the episode as well as some other handy articles to check out:
- Protecting Yourself from Identity Theft
- FBI Futurist Shares His Top 5 Tips For Protecting Your Identity Online
- How to Fight Back Against Identity Theft
- The Equifax Data Breach: What to Do if You’re Affected
- Coastal Federal Credit Union
- Credit Union Locator
- Annual Credit Report: Free way to review each of your credit reports
For freezing your accounts or putting an alert you need to contact the credit bureaus.
- Equifax: 1-888-766-0008
- Experian: 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion: 1-800-680-72892.
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!